Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Just Another Tour Group

Why do they always give me the T.G.'s with the smart alek, know-it -all, professor of art-history wannabees?
Show them a Matisse they have to talk about how child-like and REAL his art is. Show them a Degas and you have an hour long monalogue on his secret passion for some unknown ballerina. Show them anything, and they never really see it. They're too busy trying to be seen. Trying to be The One Who Knows. Did I really get a degree for this? ....

Where are all the students looking for their inspiration? Where are the gentle souls waiting to be gifted with the hidden beauty hanging on our walls? Where are the dreamers who lose themselves while walking our halls? I have not seen them in so very long. I miss them. It makes all the know-it-alls and bored, MP3 blaring, couldn't care less, classes worthwhile.

I used to see this one gentleman walking our halls. Tall. Imposing. Alone. He used to, obliquely, trail behind my Saturday afternoon tours. He joined in our discussions once. He had so much depth. And such unnexpected insight. If you are out there, it has been over four months since you wandered our halls. Will you wander back again?

3 Comments:

Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

Us gentle souls abandoned Art school because we got tired of being forced to analise the works of the masters. I swear it had never occured to art know-it-alls that people can paint something soley because they like it.

Nice blog.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Axe said...

True, Shadow. Art has no boundaries.

Faye, I see you're a Cancer. Check out my post on Cancers on my blog, okay?
www.ladyaxe13.blogspot.com

10:06 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Keep your eyes open for the tall good looking man and let us know if you see him again.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home