Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day

Not sure if I had the mini-flu, the holiday blues, or just a cold virus intent on taking over the world; but THANKFULLY I'm feeling much less likely to drip upon the keyboard today. I chose not to go home (Maryland) for Thanksgiving. Didn't want to contaminate anyone. I have been informed by my loving sister's that they are truly thankful for that! Don't know if I would have been up for it even without the aliens trying to escape my sinus cavity. Seems like everyone is paired off. Even my neices and nephew all have signifigant others. Two of my neices have even added to the family. I never expected my 30's to feel old. Honestly, they don't usually. Sometimes I worry that I, like Peter Pan, will never grow up. I mean, I'm responsible. I have been gainfully employed since the tender age of 12. I have a car (even if it does spend more time in the parking garage than anywhere else). I have an apartment. I have houseplants. BUT, I still feel like that young girl who joined the Army to pay for college. I still look in awe at the Statue of Liberty. I still enjoy skipping stones on the creek, when I visit home. I still watch the occasional cartoon. I still watch the Macy's Parade, and smile.

But when I go home, I feel old. My sisters are in their 40's and doing their bit for hearth and home. And now their children are, as well. The youngest, my nephew Mack, is eighteen, and even he has a girlfriend that attends family events. EEK! I've had relationships. When I was eighteen I was engaged. I suppose I should be thankful I didn't marry that young man. He wanted to put down roots and I still had years of globetrotting ahead of me at that point. Thanks to the Army I have been to Colorado, New York, Alabama, Kansas, West Virginia, D.C., Baltimore, and Annapolis, not to mention Panama, Germany, France, and Canada. I probably wouldn't have gotten my degree or the chance to work in New York city, either. So why do I feel I'm missing something?

Jeesh, how whiney can you get? Abrupt subject change. I saw him again. Unbelievably, the day after my last post. I was walking back to work from lunch with my buddy Tiffany.(Don't hold the name against her, her parents were yuppies.) We were discussing a new exhibit the museum was arranging and then WHAM!!!!!!!! I felt like had been hit by a load of bricks. I went flying and then body surfing down the sidewalk. I heard a shriek, must have been Tiff, there was no air in my lungs to shriek with. : ) Anyway, suddenly I was levitating in front of HIS face. He set me on my feet and sort of steadied me for a moment. Some petite blonde lady walked up with Tiff and asked if I was okay. Give me a break, I just learned how to body surf a sidewalk! Tiffany was sort of dancing around me, like a hyperactive chihuahua, and chanting "Oh, my God!" endlessly. He walked off for a moment, I don't know how long, I still felt a little out of focus.

Tiffany decided spinning me around to look at something would be a good idea, right about then. When the world stoppend tilting, I realized I was seeing HIM and someother people handcuffing someone they were lifting off the ground. Some pannicked looking Wall Street type. That's what ran me over? That was the only thought I had for a few seconds. Then I noticed HE was walking back. The tiny blonde introduced herself as Detective Eames and introduced Him as Detective Goren. HE IS A COP!! Wow! Now I have a name for the face. He handed me my purse. Good grief, I had no idea I had even dropped the thing.
Everything seemed to be still in it.

I had to answer a few questions. I felt sorry for the officer questioning Tiffany and I. I was completely useless and Tiff was practically drooling on him. She says she has a thing for uniforms. Afterward Det. Goren apologized to me. At the height of eloquism, I questioned: "What for?"
....I am groaning and rolling my eyes in remembrance of this particular DUH moment.

He apologised for them not tackling the suspect sooner.

....Here it comes another stellar moment of idiocy

I said, "That's alright, I enjoy flying! Usually. Tee Hee.

...Oh where is a time machine when you need one. Probably my one and only oppurtunity to speak with this AMAZING man and I turn into the villiage idiot. My only hope is that he is used to having this effect on women and will not hold it against me. Although Det. Eames looked suspiciously like someone trying to choke back their guffaws. Way to make a first impression. To top it all off, Tiffany managed to score Officer Bells number.

Have to go my absolute best friend is on the phone. She should get a chuckle out of this. Happy Holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home