Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hate being sick

Hello, true believers. Yeah, I'm jonesing for a comic book......I hate being sick. Don't know what it is I caught, but I hope it escapes soon. You won't believe how I found out I was sick......I went to donate blood at our church's Red Cross drive. You know, there is this screening process: read the information, fill out bizarre form, double check when you were in which countries, then get mini physical. Blood pressure, blood iron test, and thermometer insertion.......I got turned down.......Because I was running a fever.....A fever? I felt fine. Actually, I felt pretty damn good. Had been running errands and full of vim and vigor all day. A fever?

"Take my temp. again, please." I said this in disbelief. I mean this was a perfect kind of day........except that when I went to pick my youngest up from pre-k, I couldn't figure out why I was so hungry..I remembered fixing myself lunch...Didn't I eat it?....I didn't eat it, did I?....Why couldn't I remember?

"Alright, here we go. Nope, sorry sweetie, but you are definitely running a fever. Do you feel okay?"

Hell no!....Right now I feel like I'm in some weird Sci-Fi flick where everyone around me is going to start bleeding from all their orifices, or something equally icky.....Don't panic. There is some perfectly rational reason why you are fevered.....I know, I must be ovulating. Doesn't your temp. go up then? Whoa...stood up to fast. Keep it together, don't act like the floor is tilting worse than a ship being tossed about by a couple of drunk whales......Oh....okay, that's better....The ground isn't moving anymore. ......

Smile....remember to pick up your purse.....Kids, gotta get the kids....They are at the playground, yeah...at the playground.

Little one is crying. She didn't want me to give blood. But now that I'm reassuring her I didn't donate any blood she is worried about all the poor sick people who needed some of my blood.....:) Sometimes you just can't win.

So we get in the car, it's a Pontiac Aztec, and go to pick up dinner, it is kinda late to cook and suddenly I feel like it's an oven outside....Now, I'm in Georgia, but it was only 76degrees. After picking up McDonald's, you fellow parents can all scream at me later, we arrived home. I remember telling my oldest to feed the fish in the pond.....I know I read a story to the little one(she told me later) and tucked her into bed....But I really don't remember much until lunchtime the next day. I need to say Thank you God, for seeing us safely home. And thank you that my oldest is self-sufficient enough to get herself together and apparently me and the youngest too. I know that, because someone drove the baby to school, and it must have been me. I hope her clothes all matched....She will never forgive me if they didn't. :)

So, yesterday when I picked the baby up from school I noticed she really was flushed and wound up. She could not sit still. Or be quiet.....and I knew. Poor little lamb...Today she awoke coughing and burning up with fever....We laid around a lot. Took more medicine than either of us liked....Played memory games and read books, between coughing fits. And watched lots of cartoons....lots of cartoons. Good thing I like cartoons as much as her. :)

The oldest woke us up when she came home from school. She seems okay. No flushed cheeks....No frenetic energy.....Here is hoping. Please God keep her well. She has been such a huge help through this....Please keep her well. Amen.....

On a lighter note, I finally got a chance to read some blogs tonight. Sorry I didn't get to nominate anyone. There are so many of you that deserve recognition for you superior talents. To those of you who bring the fantasy of CI to life for me, I give you
a "Fey Heart" that you may always walk the paths of fantasy and magic as easily as you walk the sidewalk. To Shadow and Axe, you don't need a "Fey Heart", as you obviously already posess one, so I give you my awe and admiration. To Deb and Hannala and Kara and Gangster and Heather and Displaced and everyone else, I give my thanks for posting pictures and comments and collages of your life that have brought me great joy. Gosh there really are too many of you to list,.....you people, my fellow bloggers, are an incredibly inspiring and uplifting bunch. People like Laura keep me up to date on all things political. Geoffrey keeps me smiling. Betty keeps me coming back for more.....Everyday I discover a new favorite blog....It is just amazing the level of creativity out there. And to me, everyone of you who is willing to put this bit of your mind, heart, and soul out there for others to see.....well, you are all worthy of awards.
Thank you all.

Keep on blogging!!!Excelsior!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

I'm glad you made it back and I'm glad you're better now; hope the little one is too.

I can never give blood, which upsets me, as it's such a great thing to do.

Faye, are you still going to run two blogs?

Faye I posted a sweet story today which I think you may appreciate. It's not mine, it's something I read which I wanted to share.

Also, since you've been surfing, have you ever caught 'at home with the gorens' .... not CI content, but lotsa Bobby. I make sure there's lotsa Bobby {lol}

wishing you and your family well, sweetheart

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

1:24 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Very glad that you enjoy their blogs. Their blogs are certainly wonderful

4:58 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Whoa, Displaced, sorry I left you out purely by accident. I have been looking at your blog since the beginning. I love the pictures. Please don't feel slighted, you were one of the firsts to make me feel welcome...

6:26 PM  
Blogger Just Josh said...

Your great Faye, just great!! :o) I am finally getting over my funk, I hope you and your family start feeling better soon.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww, we all love you too!!! And am really sorry to hear you're sick :0(, it sucks being sick, but unfortunately this time of year, it's almost unavoidable. Glad you're back. *hugs*

2:52 AM  
Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

Shadow and Axe, you don't need a "Fey Heart", as you obviously already posess one, so I give you my awe and admiration.

Coolness, is that redemable for cash? hehe just kidding, thank you.

I hope you and your yongest are feeling better.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Just Josh said...

Where are you faye???? I miss you!!!! :-)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Just a note to let you know I miss you!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Just Josh said...

The sickness didn't kill you did it faye??? :-)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home