Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Happiness

Isn't it odd the things that just make you wanna do a happy dance?

Drove the car today. It purred and thanked me. Was enjoying myself, just driving. Had to roll down the
window, to feel my hair blowing. Had to crank the heat to, but don't kill my moment. And then to ice the cake, David Bowie came on the radio. "Major Tom". Nice. Even nicer, Sting was on next with "Fortress Around Your Heart". Then Ozzie was on doing, "Mama, I'm Coming Home". Joygasm.
Practically skipped from the parking garage to work.

My favorite pretzel vendor was out braving the cold. He says, "This, this is not cold. What do you know
from cold? When I was your age............" I love him. He offered me a free pretzel if I would give a kiss to an old man.

Who am I to refuse? I kissed his cheek and hugged him. Later, he'll probably find the 20$ I slipped in his apron. He's too sweet.

Another great thing about today, it's dress down day for me. My favorite, softest jeans. My favorite
Wonder Woman t-shirt. And a ponytail. Today rocks. No tour group. Just inventory and paperwork.
And looking through the attic archives for some inspiration.

By the way, fellow bloggers, you all were very naughty this morning. After reading Detective Goren's
Blog, I was desperately needing chocolate. And Tiffany has hidden her stash from me, again. Not to worry, I will find it. : )

Getting my lunch break at a computor is helping to sneak this blogging in. Tiffany has the "Groupies" today. So, I'm all alone. Gonna try to sneak in a couple of pictures later.

Talked to Jack*, last night before leaving work. He summoned me to his office. "Insert sinister music of choice here." After I was seated, he calmly informed me that he had waited 1 1/2 years to get into our department. ...

Okay, where's this going?

"Do you know why?"

I'm shaking my head at this point. Puzzled. Am I about to be transferred?

Then he says, " 1 1/2 years ago you gave a presentation, I attended."

Okay, I became really nervous then.

"I have waited 1 1/2 years for the oppurtunity to work, closely, with you. I can be patient for a bit more.......That's all. Don't say anything. Just think about what I've said. ... Now , you had better get back to work."

That was it. EEEEKKKK!!! I mean it's flattering, but this is my career. You know what, I'm going to change the subject before my happiness level drops.

Heard from my friends Ben and Zoe, last night. They live in Vegas. Must be cool, huh? He's a cop and she is a free lance photographer. I've only known Zoe a couple of years, but I love her. She's so great for Ben. Ben and I met when I was still in the Army. He was in the Navy. A Seal. Another one of the wonderful people service to this country allowed me to meet. But, by the time he got out, he was kind of too serious. Most of his fun seemed used up. Well, let me tell you, Zoe has fixed that.
For their honeymoon she gave him a trip. Listen to this itinerary. First they went to Graceland. Second, to Area 51. Third, to Stonehenge. And last but not least, a by boat tour of the Bermuda Triangle that ends with you staying on some island for a week. She said it was marketed as an "X-Files" tour package. I didn't even know there was such a thing! : ) Where did my point go, I had one........Oh yeah, they are expecting. She is exactly 8 weeks pregnant. Congrats, mi amigos.

I have looked online. I have yet to find an X'Files tour package. If any of you stumble across one, let me know. Zoe said it was like a special at their local travel agent. If Agent Mulder is included with the tour, I'm there. "Lotsa panting and drooling."

Type more at you later. Keep blogging. : )

7 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Translation please?? :)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Okay, I'm being dense. What did I garble so badly that I need to translate? My apologies. I've been a
little spacey lately.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Sounds like you had a good day- and I'm sure the pretzel vendor will be very grateful for the surprise :0)

Congrats to your friends! An x-files trip sounds awesome! I'd love to see Stonehenge, however, the Bermuda Triange does scare me a bit!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

I know. I would go in a heart beat. Even to the B.T..

9:35 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Munch was able to read this! He wants to know "A presentation on what?"

Are you guys speaking alien, or am I just not drunk enough?

And how come you have a drawing of one of the Munchman's weird friends?

2:48 AM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

I was giving a presentation on Religious art. For many years the Church was the main source of income for many artists. Da Vinci, Michealangelo, Rubin, etc. So I was discussing the influence the church had on art and art had on religion.

Let me know if this is still gobbledeegook.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Should have known Munch would hang out
with Agent Mulder. Can I tag along sometime?

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home