Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Help

Spoke to Delaney last night. I asked her opinion in the situation at work. Her first piece of advice was rather violent and graphic. I believe she was joking. Her second bit of advice was, I thought, odd. She suggested that perhaps he was nitpicking as an excuse to spend time around me. If so, I pointed out, picking apart my work was hardly scoring brownie points. Needless to say, I promptly discarded both bits of advice.

What is Delaney, friggin clairvoiyant? He asked me to the Christmas party. Good grief!...He's good looking and only slightly older than me, but I just don't think mixing work and play is a good idea. It's not frowned on in our office, well unless your the Director and dating your secretary. They might frown on that. Or laugh and point. Anyway, I find myself in a bit of a fix.

I, suddenly, need a date. Didn't mind going solo before. But if i'm gonna deflect this guys interest without it impacting my job (maybe, maybe not why risk it), I need a date. The problem is all of my male friends, that don't work with us, are in Iraq. Crap!

Maybe I should hire some aspiring actor for the evening. How pathetic. I don't want to start trolling for men. I can't see myself picking someone up on the subway either. : )... Anybody have a cute cousin or best friend they'll loan out for the evening. Preferrably somewhat large and imtimidating. Or at least alpha male material.
Without being a player. Okay, because I would never here the end of that. And what if he decided to save me from myself at that point. ....Growl!!! ...I don't want to make up a fake relationship. But maybe that would work. He doesn't know I'm not dating one of my friends in Iraq, maybe J.T. .

Don't know, all seems so ridiculous. Maybe this a molehill, not a mountain. I'll just bite the bullet and tell him I don't date at work. God, please let that work.


2 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Many woman do not date at work and it is certainly a plausible explaination.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

I know, I guess this just really caught me off guard. My last department head retired at the ripe youg age of 73. Guess I wasn't expecting any sexual tension there, ever.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home