Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sorry

Sorry, I didn't realize how long it had been since I last blogged. Between work, shopping, wrapping presents, baking cookies, church, and unexpected holiday get-to-gethers(with friends), the only time I've been near a computer I have had time to read and comment and the fell asleep on the keyboard. LOL :)

Thank you all for you comments on my lyrics. Mike and Munch inspired me.

By the way, Shadow, I finally found out why you asked for a translation of "Happiness". I had no idea that I had posted it in Webdings! I intend to repost it in English, as soon as possible. There are things that I want to tell you all, that will make no sense without first reading that blog.

I went Karaokeing (yes, I'm certain I slaughtered that spelling), with friends from work, last weekend. Tiffany, Le Shaun, Nicky, Patrick, Olivia, Petra, Mrs. Baker, Duane, and Jack. Yes, I said Jack. It was sort of an inpromptu office night out. To let off steam I guess. Anyway, Le Shaun and Nicky were teasing me mercilessly. They claimed to be of the opinion that "little white girls" don't know how to really sing. We just sort of screach, shreak, moan, and hum. I told them to leave my sex life out of the discussion!.. Then, I asked what made them think I couldn't sing?

They let it out that they had a bet that I would be too uptight to really let loose and belt one out. Plus, they had apparently overheard me singing along to Jagger when I was parking the car one day. My opinion is that how one sounds when singing "Jumping Jack Flash" should not be held against them. Especially if you usually sing soprano. Did I tell those smug little dweebs that I was in the choir my entire highschool career, or that I sing in the choir at church now? NO!!! I asked how much they were betting. 20$ Please.....I told them they were cowards and to put their money where they mouth was. 100$ or nothing...Suckers..........

After the sweet little twits agreed to the bet, we laid out the terms. I had to get a standing ovation from at leat half the drunken merry makers around us. Axe, if you had been there with me, we would have slayed them! You have to reserve a slot at this place, that many people want their chance at the spotlight. I reserved mine for
11:00 and 11:05. I figured a double whammy would do the job. Meanwhile Tiffany had debuted on stage with "I'm Getting Nothing for Christmas" Very cute. Later the Dweebs sang "Unchained Melody". Please chain it back up in the dungeon. Drunk guys should avoid that song at all costs. Even sober people have trouble doing that song justice!

We'll skip ahead a bit, except to tell you that Jack can sing. Wow, who knew? ....

It was my turn. Yeah! So I decided to bring out the big guns for outrageous, sexually charged music. I figured if the men gave me a standing ovation, that was half the room.. My first song was "Material Girl". That was my warning shot. You should have seen their faces!!! I batted my eyelashes, I sashayed, I pulled someguy on stage by his tie and danced for him alone, then pushed him back to his friends. I was shameless. I was brazen.
It was great....I guess I should tell you the announcer had told everyone that I would be performming two songs and to hold all applause. They didn't. There was clapping and whistling. That's okay, I needed time to make sure the next song cued up correctly. It did. And I had them. I crooned "Santa Baby" like I was ready to unwrap Mr. Claus. I only wish there could have been a piano on the little stage. Since I was going so over the top, I would have loved to sing that song while stretching and posing on top of a grand piano.

I got my standing ovation. From almost the whole club. I did notice Le Shaun and Nicky were not applauding me. Ah well, there's no pleasing everyone.

Gotta go. The bossman is bellowing. Type at you later.



6 Comments:

Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Glad you're back! We were beginning to wonder what happened to you! I would've LOVED to have heard you singing! I bet you had a great time! :0)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, what Chloe said!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I am also glad that you are posting again! So I agree with Chloe' and Amy! :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I support the fine art of Karaoke in all its forms.
Wish I had been there!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Wish you all could have been there too. What a party that would have been! :)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

I love karaoke, and would love to have heard you sing Santa Baby. I might have chose, "It's Christmas, baby please come home", mostly because I can seriously belt the version that U2 did of it(and a can hit all of the notes in "Pride" from a chest voice, which are high as hell for most men).Glad you had a ball-screw em' for thinking that a little white girl can't belt it out.

Might I also introduce Ms. Joss Stone to you?

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home