Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Karaoke Part 2

Lunch break, so I'm sneaking in some blogging time. Thank God for Lean Pockets!

First, let me say, those dweebs, Le Shaun and Nicky handed me one hundred dollars this morning. I guess they thought since it was in a Christmas card I wouldn't notice it was a hundred short. When I asked if that was the first installment they pretended to misunderstand that they each bet one hundred dollars. I gave them "the LOOK". Thank the Lord I inherited that particular talent from my mother. They admitted they remembered. I'm to receive the next installment after Christmas. I am not mean hearted. I know their bar bills are particularly high this time of year. :)

Second, some things happened on Karaoke night that I didn't include in the previous blog. They didn't fit the mood and I wasn't sure I was even willing to admit they happened. But, here goes. By the way, I feel the moral of the evening was vanity always pays a price.

When I came off stage. Full of myself I admit.....Jack kissed me. Nah....that's like saying the Titanic was a dinghy........Okay, he helped me down from the stage. Instead of letting me go, he laid one on me that I still have trouble believing really happened. I went boneless before the kiss ended. I never really understood that phrase before. Now, oh boy do I....Then when I could stand on my own again, he whispered something in my ear as he let me go.

"Don't expect a man to keep his distance after deliberately teasing him like that."

I still haven't totally figured that statement out yet. Did he think that whole performance was solely for his benefit?...He wasn't the man I pulled on stage.....I did make eye contact with him...A couple of times, maybe....Oh good grief, whas part of that display on stage for him? . . .I don't think I flirted with him, anymore than I flirted with anyone-else....Maybe..And before you ask, I do not drink more than one or two anything. I can't stand the thought of being out of control. I'm usually designated driver or taxi fetcher.

I mean sure I find Jack attractive. He is very good looking a woman would have to be blind to not appreciate that. I'm racking my iddy-biddy brain here. I really don't think I did anything to make him aware that I do think he is attractive. So much for my vaunted professionalism. Tiffany and the guys have been quietly grilling me every chance they get. "How long has this been going on?" "Girl, why didn't you tell, ME?" That kind of stuff.
I don't know what to tell them. Hell, I'm not even sure what happened. I don't think I'll be slinking on any stages anytime soon though.

You want to know what is really weird? He's acting like nothing happened! He's completely calm, cool, and collected. And the last time he called me to his office to correct some scheduling problem, I completely lost the train of the conversation....I was watching his mouth. This is exactly what I do not need. Did I tell you his eyes are green? How does a girl defend herself against green eyes?

Shit! Tiffany's beating on the door. I gotta' go.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Defend yourself against green eyes? You don't.

Aw, you're still one a' my Pirate Queens, though....

2:56 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Awe, Mike stop your making me blush. Aren't your hands full enough?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Do men not kill you like that? After sharing a great night, they act like nothing happened? What is wrong with him? Ugh!!! Anyway, glad you got some bet money out of the whole thing :0)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

I know. Unreal.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

There is no defense-I have hazel eyes. Some days they want to be brown-almost the colour of rich bavarian or Thornton's, sweet and honest. Some days they take on this odd colour that means that I am thinking a lot, and those days my eyes will tear you apart. But then there are days, that I cannot predict, where they are a cross between forest and Muzo emerald(with inclusions). I pray that these days happen when I have either a. a job interview with a woman boss or b. a date. When they are that colour, I get what I want-there is no escape!(he he he he he)

That being said, maybe he feel that there needs to be a professional line that he crossed and there is no way for him to go there again without compromising his position in the office? So really, maybe it isn't you at all, but something that is an honest "him" issue. And that is awful, because I did what he did once, and regreted it for a long time(but this kiss? I can still taste her lips TO THIS DAY!) So if this is the case, believe you me, he is smarting as well.

Hope that helps a little....

12:23 AM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Thanks, Geoffrey. That was both sweet and insightful...Food for thought. :)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home