Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am the sum of all my parts.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Whew!!

Wow! It is so hard to find time to read all the blogs I love and find time to write my own, expecially over the holidays! ;) Sorry, I've been out of the loop so long. I'll try to remember everything of importance from the last few days.

We'll start with Friday. It was cold....I didn't want to be at work. Still having trouble dealing with the idea of my dept. head as a romantic interest. If only he weren't so interesting..Ha..Ha.. Anyway, Jack finally came back from whatever family emergency he had been dealing with. No-one knows and I haven't the guts to ask.
Tiffany is hormonally challenged today. Hide the chocolate and head for the hills. Women and children first.
Le Shaun made the mistake of using her computer to check an interoffice memo, while she was out of the room. Oooh, it was ugly. .....Like she hasn't just plopped down on his, or my, computer before. Had no idea she could be so territorial. Everything tried it's hardest to bah humbug us today. Lost memos, misplaced orders for the gift shop, you name it. Must be a bunch of gremlins on the loose in New York.

About 11:00, Jack asked if I would like to go to lunch with him. I really did have to turn him down this time...And I didn't want to. But there was just too much chaos to be dealt with, and I so was not doing overtime. Not on the holidays. Been there, done that, got the footprints permanently imprinted into my skin from it. No way....But I explained, nicely, that I had too many fires to put out before I could go anywhere. He smiled and said, "This time I'll let you off easy."

I'm going to gloss over the rest of the day. It was just endless and I already had to live it once. Around 4:30 Jack popped back into my office. Wish I could just wander the halls on a whim.. Then he seated himself on my desk.....and turned off my monitor. I was doing paperwork, but what he doesn't know.....

"How about dinner? You aren't planning on spending the night here, are you? Because if you are, I, as your supervisor, must point out to you that you are not authorized any overtime tonight." He was grinning as he spoutted that. Probably because salaried employees do not receive overtime compensation. I digress.

So, I did the only reasonable thing to do. I said pick me up at seven. And since I want to dress up a bit, make it somewhere nice......

I'm so glad he couldn't tell how cold my hands were, from nerves.

Dinner was wonderful. A couple of cocktails helped me get over my nerves, a bit. He is just too cute, too smooth, too sure of himself. I'm missing the defect. Other than work, I mean. I know it's there. He is too good to be true. Why hasn't someone already snatched him up?...

After dinner we window shopped for a while. The Christmas window displays in New York are not to be missed. Then he took me home and handed me a present. It was a prepaid cell phone....Jack told me he knew first-hand how frustrating family visits could be..so, if I needed someone to vent to , please call him. Anytime. Green eyes and thoughtful. I really hope I figure out what is wrong with him before I'm in too deep.

Christmas with my family was amazing. Amazingly loud. Amazingly messy. Amazingly chaotic. Just amazing. My newest Grandneice was there. God how weird is that statement. I'm in my 30's not my 70's.
But my sisters are much older than me, and their offspring are in their 20's. Sheesh. It was weird, but nice.
I like all the significant others. Especially Igorovich. My niece, Elizabeth, is living with a young man, whose family immigrated from Russia about a decade ago. How cool is that? He is so funny. And smart. Where did they hide the guys like him when I was in college?

I only called Jack once, to wish him a Merry Christmas.

I'm debating calling him, now. I'm home. There's his phone.........It was an awfully sweet gift...

Before I give in to that impulse, I have a couple of other things I want to type.

1. To all my new blogging friends: Bobby, Alex, Mikey, Chloe, Shadow, Axe, Thomas, Munch, Carolyn, Olivia, the Captain,Geoffrey,Displaced, V'Do, and anyone-else I may have left out: your blogs have brought great joy to my life. Laughter, tears, smiles, moments of thought and reflection, moments of awe. Thankyou all, so much.

2. To my friends in Iraq, may God watch over you and keep you safe, since I can not. My thoughts and prayers are always with you.

3. To Delaney, you are a gift God sent into my life when I was 12, and I will always be thankful for that. I hope all your dreams come to fruition this coming year.

4. Merry belated Christmas to all. And a happy and prosperous New Year. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

A Belated Merry Christmas to you also. I hope that you have a healthy and happy New Year. Prepaid Cell Phone: Very smooth!!! :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

I gave in to the impulse :) He's coming over for some wine and conversation. Let's hope my nerves don't give me verbal diarhea or something.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I'm glad that things have been going good with Jack :0) I wish you all sorts of happiness with him- and don't worry about being out of the loop I'm just now getting "Chloe'" back into the loop :0)- we look forward to hearing more about this man *Hugs*

12:07 AM  
Blogger ann said...

I love reading about life at your office ..... I couldn't possibly write about life at mine.

Well, I could, in one word, BOOOOOORING!

You and Jack sound pretty good to me.

lotsa luv ann xxxxxxx

6:04 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey Faye -
Weren't you hanging out with the D&D crowd in college?

Hope you had a merry This-and-that!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Displaced: Thankyou. And I thought so also.

VDOFAN: I will keep your advise in mind.

Miss 1999: Back at you and keep blogging.

Hannala: I thought my job was boring, but you don't. You never know.

Mike: I played D&D in high school, college, in the army, and still do occasionally. Wanna play? :)

Thomas: I left my e-mail in a comment on your blog. I would love to chat, anytime. :) Thanks and good luck with your move.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Just Josh said...

I hope you have a happy New Year!! I just start browsing your blog but it looks fun....I hope Jack isn't a serial killer, watch your back!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I like games with different initals....heh.


I did try the D&D thing once. Mind you, I was a tad altered, but I remember yelling, "I want a BIG-ASS sword!" and something about "I waste him with my crossbow!"

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home